Today with met with university management to resume our negotiations for a new enterprise agreement. We discussed:
- Our proposal for a revised academic workload model, including demands for a 40/40/20 baseline, and determinative, elected workload committees
- Conversation rights and targets for casual staff into ongoing, secure academic jobs
- A commitment to regular working hours, with paid overtime and awards for staff working outside these.
- Increased protections for academic freedom
- Increased job security demands, including protections against constant job restructures
We have asked the university to set a firm position regarding our key claims by next Monday, 13 February.